Free Consultation: (877) 585-0962Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael S. Edwards

Michael S. Edwards

Michael S. Edwards, Attorney at Law, PLLC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence ...
  • Utah
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Paul Waldron
Paul Waldron May 31, 2018
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Mike is careful to review the law as it applies to the facts for each client's case. Mike is very down to earth, careful to explain the law as it applies to each client's matter, client's options and likely outcomes. I would trust Mike with any aspect of my life and any case. I give Mike my highest recommendation. I hope Mike becomes a judge one day.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mike Edwards is a skilled and zealous advocate who has been practicing law for over 17 years. While Mike has extensive experience in several areas of law, his primary focus is representing people who are facing criminal charges. Mike really enjoys helping people come through these difficult circumstances as well as they can. Because of his experience as an Army JAG in the Utah Army National Guard, Mike is also skilled at handling military legal matters, particularly in the area of non-judicial punishment, separation actions, and courts martial.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    White Collar Crime
    Military Law
    Veteran's Benefits
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
    With family law cases, I provide consultations for the low fee of $50 for the first 30 minutes of consultation.
  • Does Not Currently Practice Law
  • Not Currently Accepting Clients
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I accept credit card payments via both PayPal and LawPay. Both are fully secure credit card service providers.
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees in personal injury cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Korean
Professional Experience
Senior Defense Counsel
Utah Army National Guard
- Current
Founding Member
Michael S. Edwards, Attorney at Law, PLLC
- Current
Diumenti & Edwards, Inc.
Associate Attorney
Helgesen, Waterfall, & Jones, PC
Deputy County Attorney/Prosecutor
Davis County Attorney's Office
Judicial Law Clerk
Utah State Courts
Brigham Young University
J.D. (1999) | Law
Brigham Young University Logo
Brigham Young University
B.S. (1996) | Sociology
Honors: Magna cum laude; Dean's List; Green to Gold Scholarship recipient; Academic Scholarship recipient
Brigham Young University Logo
Defense Language Institute
Language Proficiency Certification (1993) | Korean
Honors: Honor Graduate
Placeholder image for education.
Bronze Star Medal
United States Army
Professional Associations
Davis County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (UACDL)
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered
Q. I crashed a company vehicle (into dirt) and ended up getting a dui. My employer took damage costs out of my last check?
A: Well, if you owe them the money for the damage you caused, it seems that they simply applied "self-help," and got the money back from you quickly through your check. I don't know that there is any legal action you can bring to recover the money, unless you truly don't owe the money to them. The bigger question is: what are you doing to deal with the DUI? You need to get the help of a good criminal defense attorney to help you with your DUI case. Good luck!
Q. If my son is 31 and he is seeing a 15 year old what can happen?
A: Nothing good, that is for sure. If they get involved sexually it is a crime. Tell him not to go there!
Q. If my Public Defender failed to inform me of a plea deal offer how can I avoid enhanced charges for lack of cooperation?
A: I think the solution here is fairly simple. Your public defender needs to go to the prosecutor and explain that he/she failed to notify you of the plea offer (which it is their ethical obligation to do), and ask the prosecutor to give you another chance to accept the offer. If your public defender refuses to do this, I would recommend that you retain an attorney, and have the hired attorney make this explanation to the prosecutor. Then you might have a chance of getting dealt with fairly. Good luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
377 Marshall Way
Suite 1-R
Layton, UT 84041
Toll-Free: (877) 585-0962
Telephone: (801) 704-3444
Fax: (801) 734-8440